Coronary artery disease or CAD is a common condition that affects the heart and its coronary arteries that supply blood to the heart. This condition causes plaque buildup that narrows or blocks the coronary arteries which leads to them struggling to send enough blood, oxygen, and nutrients to the heart which causes more problems in the body.
It is important to notice the symptoms of this condition like chest discomfort and get immediate treatment as it is a common but serious condition that can grow into a huge problem without proper treatment. For the best treatment of CAD, you need to visit the best hospital in Siliguri as it can lead to conditions like heart attack and complications like arrhythmia, heart failure, and more.
As mentioned the coronary arteries are responsible for supplying oxygen-rich blood to the heart and plaque buildup in these arteries can limit how much blood can reach the heart. This plague triggers a blood clot which stops the blood from reaching the heart causing a heart attack.
Coronary artery disease can commonly develop over a decade and symptoms of it can go unnoticed until a blockage causes problems. At first symptoms of this problem can go unnoticed but as the disease progresses and less blood gets to the heart the symptoms can get severe. Some of the common symptoms to lookout for suggested by the best multispecialty hospital in Siliguri include:
- Fatigue – you can feel tired or fatigued when the heart can't pump enough blood to meet your body's needs
- Heart Attack – is caused by a completely blocked artery and can cause crushing chest pain and pressure
- Shortness Of Breath – as sometimes you can feel like you can't catch your breath
- Chest Pain – is intense pressure or tightness in the chest and can range from mild discomfort to severe pain.
- Stable Angina – temporary chest pain or stable angina is the most common symptom of this condition and occurs during physical activity or emotional distress.
Treatments for this condition can often include lifestyle changes, risk management, and medication but depending on the condition it can also include procedure or surgery. Medications are used to manage risk factors and treat symptoms and procedure can help cure treatable problems that may be causing this condition.
For anyone suffering from persistent symptoms of this condition needs to visit the best hospital in Siliguri that provides a specialist for a diagnosis. A specialist provides you with expert medical care and treatments with professional counseling to keep your heart and your body healthy.