Gynecological cancers are cancers that occur in the woman's reproductive organs and genitals. Cancer is a disease that causes the cells in the body to grow out of control and can also grow to affect other parts of the body which can be very harmful and deadly.
Catching gynaecological cancers early can be very important in getting the most effective treatment which can lead to a successful recovery. You should visit the best gynaecologist in Siliguri for annual checkups and a good diagnosis which can help in catching these and other types of gynaecological disorders early.
Gynecological cancers can be of many types but the five common and main types of cancer are cervical, vulval, ovarian, uterine, and vaginal. Fallopian tube cancer is also another type of gynaecological cancer but is very rare. As gynaecological cancers may not show distinct symptoms until they get chronic below are the common symptoms of these cancers:
- Abnormal vaginal pain and discharge
- Itching or burning in the vulva
- Back pain or stomach pain
- Changes in the color of the skin
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite or being always full
- Frequent urination
- Constant Fatigue
- Persistent nausea
If you have any of these symptoms for an abnormal amount of time you need to visit your doctor Immediately. But having these symptoms doesn't mean you have cancer as they can also be symptoms of other gynaecological or non-gynaecological problems. Given below are the different types of gynaecological cancers:
- Cervical cancer – is the kind of cancer that occurs in the cervix which is the part that connects the vagina and the uterus and is caused by sexually transmitted diseases.
- Uterine cancer – is the type of cancer that forms in the uterus which is located inside the pelvis and is the place where the baby grows during pregnancy.
- Ovarian cancer – is cancer that can occur in one or both ovaries which are the organs at the side of the uterus.
- Vulval cancer – is the kind of cancer that can occur on the reproductive organs on the outside of the woman's body which can include the inner or the outer lips, the clitoris, and other parts.
- Vaginal cancer – is a type of cancer that occurs in the tissue of the vagina and it is one of the rarest forms of gynaecological cancers affecting mostly older women.
You need to visit the best gynaecologist in Siliguri to get the best diagnosis and treatment if you have any of these symptoms or conditions. Visit a gynaecologist annually to get good check-ups and expert advice on how to keep your body and organs healthy.