Injuries or diseases concerning the musculoskeletal system are known as orthopedic conditions. This system involves bones, muscles, joints, nerves, tendons, ligaments, etc. Severe damage to any of these parts can lead to immediate hospitalization. If you’ve been suffering from pain or movement issues, do not ignore them; get expert advice.
This blog shares common orthopedic concerns in people. Your doctor, upon proper health evaluation, rules out the most suitable treatment plan. Not every bone or muscle-related condition requires surgery. Receive medical advice from your orthopedic doctor at the leading hospital in Siliguri.
Doctors suggest surgical intervention if the condition is complex. Conditions that ensure surgery may include:
- Rotator cuff tears
- Pinched nerves
- ACL tears
- Broken bones
- Open bone fractures
- Never damage
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Joint infections
When Visit an Orthopedic Doctor?
Reasons for developing such issues can be several. Let’s know what discomforts require orthopedic attention:
- Pain, stiffness, movement issues
- Chronic pain in your joints, muscles
- Pain that stays more than one week
- Experiencing unstable walking
- Difficulty doing day-to-day activities due to bone or joint discomforts
- Undergoing limited motions due to joints feeling tighter
- Having problems with standing, or sting down
- Have had undergone soft tissue injury
- Shoulder pain
- Tingling feeling/numbness in your hands
- Twisted ankle condition
- Tender/swollen joints
Make sure you refrain from strenuous workouts/activities until your doctor recommends. Best not to procrastinate. The further you delay, the higher chance of getting complications ahead.
Learn Common Orthopedic Concerns
Given in the directory below are such conditions:
- Arthritis. Also known as joint inflammation, results in pain, swelling, redness, stiffness, and reduced motion concerning your joints. Obesity, older age, family history, autoimmune disorders, repetitive stress injuries, smoking, or being female may increase your risk.
- Osteoporosis. With this condition, you get weaker bones due to a decline in bone mineral and mass density. Untreated osteoporosis can may you more likely to experience sudden/unexpected fractures. Often this disease is called a silent condition since it makes no significant symptoms until it becomes more advanced.
- Bursitis. This inflammation is painful that affects bursae/fluid-filled sacs that cushion your bones, joint muscles, and tendons. Older age, repetitive pressure on bursae, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, or diabetes can be risk factors.
- Muscle Atrophy. Wasting or thinning of muscle mass due to physical inactivity or neurogenic conditions, you experience weakness in an arm, or leg, tingling sensation in the arms, or legs, one arm or leg is smaller than the other, facial weakness, difficulty balancing, progressive memory loss. Get medical consultancy from one of the best doctors for orthopedic surgery in Siliguri.
The two types of medical care for orthopedic conditions include non-surgical and surgical procedures. If medications and healthy lifestyle alternations do not ensure promising results, one may require such procedures. In other instances, surgery is the only way to treat the orthopedic issue.